WHEN: Wednesday, 5th October, 6pm – 8pm
WHERE: Queer Circle, BUILDING 4, 3 BARTON YARD, SOAMES WALK, DESIGN DISTRICT, SE10 0BN
WHAT: Gay Liberation Front and Queer Night Pride invite you to our next strategic action planning meeting. It’s time to mobilise!
SOCIAL MEDIA – Facebook event page here
- The far-right and TERFS are getting above their station.
- LGBTQIA+ hate crime is on the rise.
- Our so-called politicians are vowing to push ahead with the Rwanda deal and continue to create an even more hostile environment for refugees and migrants.
- We have yet another un-elected PM, leading a g*d-awful government hell-bent on entrenching poverty for the masses.
WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?
Join our meeting of queer rage and queer power to discuss:
- What are the targets and actions we need to focus on in the coming months for mass LGBTQIA+ liberation?
- How can we reclaim our streets and fight back against homophobic violence? What does the next London Night Pride look like?
- How can we better collaborate and bring our queer family together?
Everyone is welcome if you are committed to direct action to end homophobia, transphobia, and the broader injustices that perpetuate them. Our politics are intersectional, anti-racist, and anti-imperialist.
On Sunday 9th October we will be having a placard making session (with pizza!) from 12-5pm at Queer Circle, BUILDING 4, 3 BARTON YARD, SOAMES WALK, DESIGN DISTRICT, SE10 0BN – everyone welcome! Facebook event page here
SO LET’S GET PLOTTING!
Please come to the meeting but if you can’t please email us to email@example.com to register interest and be added to our mailing list.
About Gay Liberation Front
The Gay Liberation Front began in the UK in 1970 as an outpouring of rage by lesbians, trans people, bisexuals and gay men in the USA and here in the UK and Ireland, and eventually across much of the world, against centuries of abuse by police, workplaces, and legislators. Created after the 1969 rebellion at the Stonewall Inn Greenwich Village by trans women, lesbians, the black communities, Puerto Ricans, other people of colour, and white queens, we at the GLF declare that it is not us that are sick, but society. It is not us who should change, but society. Large parts of society have changed and continue to change through our policy of Coming Out and being visible.
About Queer Night Pride
“Homophobic hate crimes, which account for more than two-thirds of the 1,464 offences reported, surged by 25% to 715 in December last year, while faith-based hate crimes rose by 17% to 216 crimes.”
Queer Night Pride 3 will take place on Friday October 14th – facebook event page here / Insta here – meeting point 10pm at The Cock Tavern, 340 Kennington Road SE11 4LD – Read all about last time – Night Pride Is Reclaiming the Streets For LGBTQ People
QUEER NIGHT PRIDE – IS A PROTEST! We will not tolerate the hate speech & violence inflicted upon us and the murder of our lovers, friends & our LGBTQIA+ families /communities. The reality is we are under attack Femme to Masc. WE FIGHT BACK. FIGHT BACK
Leave a Reply